BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to book a few hours on a ramp at this place: http://www.pitstartgarage.com/self_service.html and one of the things I'll be doing is a CDV delete. :)

I'm just worried about what to use to clamp the clutch pipe. I have mole grips to use but i's a 10 year old car and I'm worried I might split the rubber pipe if it's brittle.

Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
229 Posts
use a golf tee to plug the end of the pipe??
handy when changing calipers dont know if the clutch pipe is the same bore diameter though!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Wrap some electrical tape around the jaws of the mole grips to take away any sharp edges. If the pipes to fragile to clamp chances are it would of already burst.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The pipe would burst if it is that brittle.

If you don't want to fork out £10 for a clamp or are worried about using mole grips then you can depress the clutch pedal down half way and jam it there with a bar against the seat, this closes the master cylinder off. Then just attach a pipe to the bleed nipple and release the pressure off. Then you can remove the CDV.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for the replies - true, the pipe can't be that brittle.

All the same, I've just bought one of those draper clamps - for £4 i can't really go wrong...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate, but for £4 I might as well have one. I'm sure it'll come in handy when I get the inevitable e46 sticking calipers...

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would use mole grips or a suitable G clamp with some tape to prevent damage to the pipe. I've been toying with doing the CDV removal as well, I will wait until it gets warmer though :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts