BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 330ci coupe, and it's developed an intermittent problem. Sometimes now it's taking a fair bit longer for it to start, used to be a second, now it's taking a few and struggles sometimes.

Second things is that sometimes when I'm sitting idle, if I rev the car and let go of the accelerator, the revs drop and it feels like it wants to cut out.

Third thing is that sometimes it feels down on power and that it's misfiring/not responsive at all.

Finally, when taking off in first gear, or reversing, the car wants to cut out unless i reeealy rev tht tits off it, which I hate doing.

All of this is intermittent but I was wondering if anyone has had the same symptoms and managed to sovle the problem.

Any help is much appreciated

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
i'd say 99% sure you have a fault on the "camshaft inlet(intake) sensor.
I have exactely the same problem and had my codes read and came up with the inlet sensor fault.
I know how you feel, its all very frustrating, sometimes happens and sometimes doesnt.
I find with mine if it starts easy then it shows the fault, if it turns over a couple of times before starting then the fault is not there while its running

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that mate, i have no warning light or anything on the dash though, and it's a bloody pain because it's so intermittent!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the same problem with 2001 330ci cabby, only done 49K and will only do this intermittently when warm.

I have found that if you switch off and then back on, usually it clears and drives OK.

I will be taking it in to get the fault codes read at an indy garage.

Some people have suggested it could be a fault with the MAF unit.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that mate, I'll probably take it into a garage, pain in the arse when things this happen, intermittent bloody faults :mad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts