BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
ok this question is for my dad, he has dunlop all round on his 330ci, he needs to replace the front tyres,which are 225/40/zr 18 does he stick with the dunlop cause thats what he has on the rear? or go for somethin else? i no nothin on tyres, and whats best for the 330ci? would appriciate some opinions from you ? dont want budgt either. and not the most expensive..!

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
i had dunlops on mine and they were awful...you say you don't want budget but the alleged best middle of the road tyre are meant to be falkens but ive just taken a set off mine, they were good in the beginning but after a while and worn a bit they turned into crap..

im on 4 budget tyres at mo and so far they p+ss all over the falkens that came off it..

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm. yea herd of falkens..452-912..thats what i thought the replys would be..but not in your case.lol. anyone else have any that you would recomend?

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
hmmm. yea herd of falkens..452-912..thats what i thought the replys would be..but not in your case.lol. anyone else have any that you would recomend?

kumho's ku31's are reasonable prices and get good reviews the falken 912 may be worth a punt tho its not a directional tyre unlike the 452 which can give certain sorts of issues..

i can't fault my bargin nankangs really tho..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm probably going for Uniroyal Rainsports 2 next.
My 330 vert was fitted with Uniroyals when I bought it and although I haven't driven it with anything else on so can't really comment on a comparison, they do seem to give great grip in the wet compared with other wheelspinning E46s I've seen! I was dubious when I got it with them on but they've been great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts