BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i went to do my alignment the other day and the track rod end is completely siezed onto the tie rod. ive tried lots of heat and it still wont budge.
Im going to replace the tie rod assembly with track rod end.
Ive seen some on ebay for both sides tie rods and ends for £40 seems really cheap, or c3bmw do each side for £40 each.
Anyone had experience with cheaper tie rods and track rod ends? Or should i go for the more expensive ones? thanks

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Either you aren't getting it hot enough OR you still have the lock washer that sits behind the nut against the rod end.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope lock washer was loose and i blasted it with oxyacetylene and used a big pair of stilsons on it and its proper seized on, didnt wanna put anymore force on it in cased i bent something.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I wouldn't risk any cheap items from Ebay personally, I'd get some quality items from C3BMW or Euros or similar.

Did you have the track rod end glowing along the whole length that the thread goes in to?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh it was glowing, ive ordered ones off ebay for £35 quid a side for track rod and end, so they werent the cheapest on there, will have to wait and see what they are like. Couldnt really afford more expensive one as ive just ordered two new front tyres!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anybody heard of Topran Germany as these are the make to the track rods ive brought?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts