BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 330CI when I press the button to fold the mirrors up they both fold up fine. However, when I get back in the car and press the same button only one of them folds down and I have to manually move the drivers one back down. Surely this isn't right, anyone had the same problem and how did you resolve it?

Also the windscreen washer bottle is leaking majorly! Anyone else had this problem? I need to take it off and have a proper ganders I think as it is more than likely cracked with how quick it goes from full to empty.

Finally, should the boot lid pop open when you press the key fob or is it the norm for you to have to lift the lid sort of thing?.... The car has done 80k miles now and although its very clean and tidy I imagine the age is getting to it now and this could be a factor on why it doesn't "pop up".

Other than these niggly things I bloody love my E46 :D :D

Dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure about the first two mate but i have a 325 of similar age and mileage and when i unlock my boot it releases from it's latch but does not rise. Don't think this is faulty in anyway but then it's my first e46 so i might be wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 330CI when I press the button to fold the mirrors up they both fold up fine. However, when I get back in the car and press the same button only one of them folds down and I have to manually move the drivers one back down. Surely this isn't right, anyone had the same problem and how did you resolve it?
Sounds like the fold motor for this mirror has siezed so replacement may be necessary.

Also the windscreen washer bottle is leaking majorly! Anyone else had this problem? I need to take it off and have a proper ganders I think as it is more than likely cracked with how quick it goes from full to empty.
Check to see if the filters at the bottom are not clogged first before replacement.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Finally, should the boot lid pop open when you press the key fob or is it the norm for you to have to lift the lid sort of thing?.... The car has done 80k miles now and although its very clean and tidy I imagine the age is getting to it now and this could be a factor on why it doesn't "pop up".

Dan
E46 boot only unlocks and leaves on latch so to speak, it is not designed to open fully. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replys people. give me some ideas to get everything sorted :)

I will let you know how I get on.

Any idea how much the motors are for the mirror from BMW?

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.