BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new too the sight:thumbsup i have just bought a 2001 330ci convertable with hard top and my problem is water seems to get under the hard top and down through the folded soft top and then run into the boot i have owned several bmws but this is the first convertable and wondered if this is common or i have something to worry about:confused. i also have a mk1 golf gti convertable that is 22yrs old and that doesnt have any leak problems i guess i find it a bit odd that a bmw would. cheers any advice would be grateful

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
hi im new too the sight:thumbsup i have just bought a 2001 330ci convertable with hard top and my problem is water seems to get under the hard top and down through the folded soft top and then run into the boot i have owned several bmws but this is the first convertable and wondered if this is common or i have something to worry about:confused. i also have a mk1 golf gti convertable that is 22yrs old and that doesnt have any leak problems i guess i find it a bit odd that a bmw would. cheers any advice would be grateful

I have the same car as you with the hard top option and it doesn't leak any water. I would suggest taking the hardtop off and checking the seals. they could be damaged.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Unfortunately when the soft top is down it catches the water which then directs it towards the boot area most likely, you will need to get someone to hose the car down while you check for where the leak is if nothing is visibly obvious. It may not help that when the hood is down it covers the drain holes possibly in the rear deck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts