bmw 330 ci e46
2001 coupe

bog standard but not for long

so where do you start to tune the engine

what do i need to upgrade and where do i start to look for the parts

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
There's very little to do to the 330's, a remap will improve drivability but very little top end gains, air flow in is already good as is exhaust out.
The only real extra gains are from the supercharger route.
Before doing any mods make sure the engine is running well, it's no M3 but still a very fast motor in standard form :thumbsup

·
Registered
70 Posts
Was quite happy with the result myself. If I was looking to get my 325ci vert done would it make much difference?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Was quite happy with the result myself. If I was looking to get my 325ci vert done would it make much difference?
Of course it'll make a difference if your using BWchiptune maps like I do for all my BMW customers!
Jason quite simply knows how to extract the power from bmw's in the right way and is always finding more information to improve the work he has already done. This is why I use only bwchiptune for BMW's and he has never let me or my customers down.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was more looking at tunning the engine not the remap

cams ?
headers?
inlet ?

anybody know of any upgrades you can do the the engine

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your title says remap?

But seriously I've heard loads of people ask about this in the past, including my self, I have the 328.

There is really not a lot you can do, nothing that would justify the hassle/cost.

NOS/Super/Turbo are the routes most Opt for and you'd be looking at 5k as a starting point and hoping for 300+ BHP.

In other words, IMO the e46 straight 6 engines offer heaps of smooth power but are never going to be a rocket unless you got ££££'s to spend at which point you probably should have just bought an M3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts