BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hesitation / dip in power pulling away
even when the traction control off the problem has got worse the car was idling in traffic and went off a cylinder! it stayed off intil i pulled over and stopped and restarted the car not good

the hesitation is not everytime at feels like the traction control the way the power dips
also when sitting with a little rev on the revs come up and down from 500 revs to 1500 bobing up and down when cold

i have got told how to turn the traction control completely off and had a sugestion from the forum it could be vacule.

assuming the problems are linked i was thinking fuel delivery or electrical has anyone got any advise where to start?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi mate, I have the same problem as yourself, same car aswell. My indy read the codes and it came up with the O2 sensor. He replaced that but it didn't help.

I'm thinking it could be fuel supply related but not sure. A cheap option would be to replace the fuel filter (which is probably what I'll try next). Sorry that's not much help but let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Chaps...Remove your top engine cover and have a look at the breathers.
I've just found a honking great split in one of mine and it looks like its part of the crankcase breather unit. I'll post up some pics in a while, when i get on my laptop...:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am getting it put on a diagnostics in the morning i will post resullts

snooping about in some of the other threads a MAF sensor seems to come up with similar problems
interestingly i turned tc off fully tonight
(holding tc button for 5 secs)
and no hesitation so some of my problemswere just an over agressive traction control
but that did not put her off a cylinder i will see what the codes bring up
i had jsut got fuel 5 mins before it happened so it could have been water in fuel or something
anyone comes up with a cure let me know

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Code readers don't usually pick up vacuum leaks - they cause the engine to dip under load, but won't trigger a fault in my experience. Just look for leaks, get your head in the engine bay on the inlet side when the car is idling & listen / prod, and see what you uncover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts