BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys n gals I wish to buy an amp and sub this weekend and install it but have found that only my rear tweeters are working when I fade to the rear, any ideas as to why cos I'm not sure if will have a signal for the sub.

Please help

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are you fitting an aftermarket stereo? if so check the back and you should have 2 phono outputs for the amp,also have you checked the wiring behind the unit to see if all are connected? thirdly check the actual speakers themselves, are they even connected? id get the simple things out of the way 1st, if you need any help then pm me

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On your info I removed the rear panels and speakers I found the wire to the cone has become unatatched on both sides, what's the chances so am off today to buy new hopefully, thanks for your help jaimietee.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any time have just completed my amp and sub install in the ski hatch thanx to your guide and managed to find the white switched live behind the passenger seat lol, only thing different wad I used a hi input amp so no need for the rca converter bonus lol

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
Oh,

they only way to get it to work with the oem sterro, and you get id3 tags and control through the stero is via the cd changer lead, link in my sig,

Why do you wanna keep the cd changer? if you have 30+gb of ipod space you can have all your music on there

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I meant so it works through the car system and controlled via the steering wheel controls thanks in advance
Oh,

they only way to get it to work with the oem sterro, and you get id3 tags and control through the stero is via the cd changer lead, link in my sig,

Why do you wanna keep the cd changer? if you have 30+gb of ipod space you can have all your music on there
I have a lots of music stored on my pc and on cds, I didn't want to pay for itunes to get this music again. Does this make sense?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
I have a lots of music stored on my pc and on cds, I didn't want to pay for itunes to get this music again. Does this make sense?
You can put all your music from your cds and computer on to your ipod for free,

You dont have to purchase the songs again through itunes,

Put cd in to pc, open itunes rip cd, it gets the track names and everything, then you just drag them all over on to your ipod,

All the music on your PC, click file, add folder to libary (in itunes) find the folder where all your music is, then all your music is now in itunes to drag to your ipod

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Feel a bit thick now lol will give that a try cheers Sam and you say it all works with the factory tape deck display ?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
it most certainly does, im gonna post up some shots of it in action soon,

jus been busy with other bits on the car

No worries, not everyone knos about stuff like that, and itunes is a pain

If you get stuck give me a shout and i will talk you through it a bit better if you struggle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts