BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked my car into Wheelbase for an Insp.1 service.

Wasnt very impressed with the guy's telephone manner.

Saw a few recommendations in other threads but just wanted to get anyone else's thoughts on them. :confused

Cheers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thoughts on Wheelbase in Bristol

Haven't used them but did take my old 330d to Clayton Cars for it's inspection 1 and found them really good and helpful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've used Clayton before but they are charging an extra £35 for the insp.1, so thought may as well give wheelbase a go. The guy sounds like such a cretin on the phone though, for instance giving one word answers to questions; I'm really having second thoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheelbase do some fantastic work and are pretty efficient, but admittedly the telephone manner is off.
Good guys though when you talk to them in person.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've used Wheelbase once before but wasn't that impressed as they changed the engine breater without my approval and after I had told them I had only just replaced it myself. They seemed nice enough but I'm going to try Clayton Cars next time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was happy with Wheelbase apart from they didnt stamp my service manual, which given they are so used to servicing cars is pretty unprofessional.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need an inspection 2 in oct. Does that include fuel filter? Also, wheel base have another branch in chipping sodbury. Anyone been there? Is main dealer worth 100 pound premium for ins 2 as they charge 319 with value service and auto/wheel base charge 225.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I see a few of you guys are in Bristol, But there has been no mention of Lovetts? How is their reputation locally?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I need an inspection 2 in oct. Does that include fuel filter? Also, wheel base have another branch in chipping sodbury. Anyone been there? Is main dealer worth 100 pound premium for ins 2 as they charge 319 with value service and auto/wheel base charge 225.
I would say it depends where it has been serviced before, If it has FBMWSH then yes i would stick with it, However if it doesn't then you might be better of taking it to your local garage you can trust.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but what is inspec 1 and 2? Ive only had my bmw 2 weeks, E46 320d on 30k
I believe your on board computer or lights will tell you when an inspection is due, Similar to a service i guess, In between inspections you have oil services.
Inspection 1 is the cheaper of the two, However inspection 2 is more deeper, I think inspection 1 is around 30000 and inspection 2 around 60000.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts