BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, dont know if this is a problem but the heaters in my car seem too warm and stuffy, everything seems to work fine as in the control in the middle goes from hot to cold as the dial is moved from red to blue but when its set in the middle and the footwell and windscreen fans are on it seems to just be warm air coming through unless it is set to 16 (this is the only setting where i get cold air) as soon as i put the temp up to 17 and higher it seems to go hot rather than gradually rise.
Does anyone know if there is a fault here and if so any fixes?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
96 Posts
As it has climate control, the way I understand it (please tell me if I am wrong) is that at 16 it will blow cold air. At 16.5 and above and set to auto it will blow hot air and the fan will blow higher to get the cabin up to the set temperature and then it will back off when that temperature is reached. The higher you set the temperature,the harder the fan will work to achieve it rather than blowing hotter/cooler air. I believe there is a temperature sensor in the middle of the headliner. This is how I think it works. I've never had a car with climate control before so may be wrong. Hope this helps....:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats probably right, i dont use it on auto though but it will still be trying to reach the set temp, it just seems more sruffy than other cars ive had so thought it may be a sensor fault or something, ive since found that the temp sensor is behind the small air intakes next to temp control and they sometimes need vacuumed out so they are clear so i will try that and see if theres any change

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
There's electric valves in the engine bay, which are gradual to open, so maybe theres a fault with them ?

But start with what you've already suggested, and give the intake a good clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah well i wondered if they might be related, i used to run the AC all the time so ive only noticed the cabin getting too warm since the fan stopped working, so guess ill get to the bottom of that one first

·
Registered
241 Posts
remember you can always adjust the hot/cold in the cabin with the dial between the 2 center vents on the dash, also you adjust the temp on the cc, it might just be a matter of finding whats comfortable for you rather than a sensor fault

1 - 7 of 7 Posts