BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
y'all,

Just bought a new motor its a 2001 325i Ci Sport, got it really cheap as the it needs a new engine.

The engine replacement is not a problem.............although I may treat myself to a manicure afterwards, fingers crossed I won't chip any nails!

Now, my question to you Biatch's is:

has anyone changed a clutch on one of these before? I take it that these are the automatic adjusting type and that you need to special adjusting tool to install it? ..............you know the type, the one with that ninja star gizmo in the middle of it, which you only remove once you have install the clutch.

Do I really need the special tool or can I get away with doing the job without it?

Any help would be much appreciated? Thanks guy's.:thumbsup

:shifty:.............I just bet baldy, Mr "FFS use proper Grammar", is skimming over my post like a hawk:shifty:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please read the posting rules

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...delines-t2258/

I've edited your title so it says what car it is.
Please prefix threads with

2001 E46 325Ci - :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Sorry mate, couldn't help myself :D

The bloody cheek of it!!

........we've got some real piss-takers around here!! and this used to be a nice place!

STOMP them out I say!!

Anyway, back to business and on-topic:shifty:

Nealp, thanks for that link mate but there is no reference to the ninja star gizmo?

Any ideas dude?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I know what you want....this...

I think we are getting our wires crossed here dude:hihi

This tool looks like the key to remove that gizmo from the clutch, if so then that is not the problem mate.........I got a key that will remove that.

If not, do you know what this tool is for?

cheerz.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These clutch's guy's,

Is it just a case of lining it up with the flywheel as per usual, tightening it up and then removing the star thingy?? If so, is there a special way of doing that? can I still use a conventional clutch alignment tool?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok,

Been doing some research,

NealP, You are right mate.

That first tool you showed my is the alignment tool and the second is the tool to remove the shipping plate from the clutch.

So, these tools that are metioned, is it a must that I use these or can I get away with using other conventional tools found in the garage.

thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Basic tools will do, unless you plan to do a pilot bearing replacement as well which requires another tool. Pressure plate locking ring installed (remove when installed and aligned on the fly wheel) and clutch alignment (pin usually comes with the clutch kit).

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Basic tools will do, unless you plan to do a pilot bearing replacement as well which requires another tool. Pressure plate locking ring installed (remove when installed and aligned on the fly wheel) and clutch alignment (pin usually comes with the clutch kit).

Nice one mate, thanks.:thumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.