BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG,
I have spent a while reading lots of different posts and have just managed to confuse myself.
At the moment, the only mod. i have done tuning wise to my 325 is a free flow air filter. I would like to tune for more power but don't know which way to turn 1st. Exhaust & re-map seem logical but there is lots of ideas out there like an M3 exhaust, 330i inlet manifold.
Can someone give me some relevent advise please. :confused

Thanks

·
Registered
8,981 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I remapped my brother's e39 (525d) last week and it absolutely flew. I agree with everyone else about the exhaust. You may get a partial cosmetic upgrade but not the performance. The remap will give power, performance and improved fuel economy. There are not many mods that can combine all three of those factors.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The only difference between a 325i manifold & a 330i one is the size of the throttle body opening, throttle body itself, DISA & air intake pipework/MAF/airbox. It will fit straight on, and with a remap you're looking at some nice gains - certainly way more top end grunt.

Get the bigger 330i MAF & 330i airbox/intake pipes too for best results.

HTH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the advise. Didn't know about the exhaust being great as is. I'll leave it and go straight for the remap then....I'll let you all know how it goes.....

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
So could I just replace my throttle body with a 330ci one and re map it or would I need hoses too?
Nope... the 330i throttle body will only fit on a 330i manifold. You would also need the 330i DISA, intake pipes, air flow meter & airbox. One part of this alone is useless to you, you need the whole thing. Bolting it into place is a straight swap.

The idle control valve is the same, so you can reuse your own.

Don't expect a transformation from a remap - the diesel examples are chalk'n'cheese different to the normally aspirated petrols. It may improve your 325ci, but it won't transform it.

HTH

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
If you don't mind me asking where did you go fo rthe RR? and what gains did you get? (assuming you used the same RR before the remap for a base reading)

Ta
he men't the rr road was the main road home!:hihi

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts