BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had a second new turbo fitted on my 320D after 182,000 miles and the car simply will not start there are no codes showing when plugged into diagnostic computer and the engine turns over but simply won't fire. The mechanic has fitted a new cam sensor but still no joy, any suggestions?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
If it was just a EOBD scanner then that will be no good, you need the faults read with a BMW specific scanner, any good BMW indy or main dealer will be able to do this for you, otherwise ring round some independents and see if they can read it for you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just come back from the garage and the mechanic has established that there is diesel getting as far as the high pressure pump that supplies the common rail but the rail doesn't pressurise. There is 3.26 volts at the sensor connected to this pump does anyone know if this voltage is correct? Or if not could the immobiliser be faulty and cutting the fuel off here?

·
Registered
9 Posts
e46 320td compact, Fuel Rail Pressure Signal

Hi I need some help bigtime.

I purchased one of these performance box's (Drake) from ebay, when i pluged it in it ran but not efficient or fast, so i adjusted it 1mm per minute, test drive, 1mm again test drive etc. the box seemed to be of no benifit.

I contacted the seller and he asked me to send him photos of the install, he confirmed that it was fitted correctly.

I disconnected it and put it back to normal it seemed to drive ok however a day later it started to be sluggish, jerky and the turbo was out of time and became intermittent, possible coincidence but the problem was apparent when the diesel light came on.
a friend at a local garage got the code reading 3f31 Fuel rail pressure signal, the code also translates to:
3F31 Rail pressure sensor : Short circuit to B- or Open circuit
P0192 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Low.

My friend suggeted i replace the rail sensor therefore i did this however the code remained and drove the same.
I have swapped over all the relays under the glove box, except the orange 1??
I also removed the negative off of the battery for an hour and did a 1 minute ignition hold then switched off an over to start, i still get the problem any ideas please? BMW is fully booked till the end of aug and at £175 for 2 hour looking at it isnt impressive.

Many thanks

Steve

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Sounds initially like you have a fuel pressure issue steveoson111.

How does the car tick over at idle?

Also has the Fuel pressure sensor plug connections been checked for corrosion?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Ronnie, Thanks for takin the time to answer
The tick over is a about 0800rpm, the car really sounds like a taxi ever since this problem.
The fuel Pump under the car is pumping as i took the cover off and friend started the ignition etc.

The plug has not been tested as not sure what outputs i should be looking for although on visual inspection plug looks ok.

I have a volt meter but don't know what im looking for, if you know please tell connectors numbered 1 2 3.

Regards

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.