BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help i have a 2001 e46 320dse.a few weeks ago i had the airmass sensor replaced as i kept losing power.now it has started playing up again by this i mean when i am in 2nd gear and the revs about 1500 i change to 3rd gear and it takes ages for the power to kick in.someone mentioned it could be the turbo sensor any help appreciated

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2004 is doing the same, same scenario MAF replaced recently, feels gutless upto about 2400rpm then the turbo kicks in fine, any ideas?? I did look at driving with the MAF disconnected but read somewhere else that this was not advised and the engine should not be revved take it that was a load of rubbish?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi there, it was a genuine MAF, however strangely the number does not appear on your link, number was 0 928 400 504, exactly the same as the one replaced, although it certainly had the closer grid detailed

·
Registered
31 Posts
I found a cure for this, drive everywhere over 3000rpm, certainly using more diesel but my drive down through Wales today was certainly more enjoyable!!! Has anyone got any ideas about a proper cure though, or comments on disconnecting the MAF and going for a drive?

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I found a cure for this, drive everywhere over 3000rpm, certainly using more diesel but my drive down through Wales today was certainly more enjoyable!!! Has anyone got any ideas about a proper cure though, or comments on disconnecting the MAF and going for a drive?
Has the engine been checked over for split vacuum hoses? If not it needs to be :thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.