BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks
Was driving around this weekend after some snow and rain. Haven't used the wipers overly or anything like that but I seem to have developed a 2-3in "streak" up at the drivers side on the windscreen 3/4 along the wiper line.

At first I thought it was just a dirt streak from the wiper but I can't sem to shift it. I'm really really :mad....I hate having s dirty windscreen.

Has anyone seen anything like this and more importantly can I fix it...

Like I said I didn't overly use the wipers when too dry and I'm pretty sure the wiper rubber itself isn't shot at that point?

Will.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
It's possible - but unlikely - you could have trapped some road grit between the wiperblade and screen, then drawn are arc across the screen. Hope not!

Have you tried neat vinegar or a solvent to see if that removes it? I have heard of people usinfg T-Cut or another mild abrasive, but can't honestly recommend it!! If you draw your fingernail over it, you should be able to feel if it's a scratch?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that seems most likely but what really miffs me is that I didn't see the stoopid thing till it was too late!

I'm gonna try phoning the windscreen crowd and see if they can suggest anything.

Incidentally any suggestion on what solvent might be best...I have access to a selection!

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Yeah that seems most likely but what really miffs me is that I didn't see the stoopid thing till it was too late!

I'm gonna try phoning the windscreen crowd and see if they can suggest anything.

Incidentally any suggestion on what solvent might be best...I have access to a selection!
Solvent will only work if the mark is grease, fat etc. WD40 is worth a punt or maybe petrol.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Just an idea, if it is a scratch may be worthwhile trying some half decent glass polish to see how much of it you can hide...:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts