BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first a big thank you to paddy2bsure and Westfield1989

I did buy a set of apex lowering springs for my touring, the standard rear springs are 9& half inch long, the apex springs a I had were 10 inch long, and would lower the car by 35mm.
The only way to get the apex spring in was to unbolt the spring carrier from the hub, but with the spring in place could not bolt everything back up,

I have got my money back and have now fitted a set of Eibach pro-kit springs
the rear springs lower the car by 25mm and are only 8& half inch long thats 1& half inch difference in height between the Eibach and apex rear springs.

I'm very happy with the Eibach springs, they are also very easy to fit both front and rears,
The last question I have, dose anyone know what the m sport springs would lower the car by? My front was sitting high about 65mm off the tyre now it's dropped by 30mm

Thank you all

·
Platinum BFuk Member
214 Posts
You're welcome omj.
Glad you are happy with the Eibachs. They will settle a little bit more after a few hundred miles or so. Great trade off between comfort,lowering and handling in my opinion.
Still can't understand how the longer apex spring was going to lower the car!! unless it was the wrong spring set.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry romanbmw I have Eibach on there, but you should get a good price for them, bmw breakers want loads for a second hand set, I agree with you andy, Im also pleased had a lot of stuff in the boot tonight, thought it might bottom out, the ride was as good as if it was empty, don't understand the apex springs, must have been wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts