BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the first problem with my new car. When i got into it this morning and tried to start it, it made a funny noise and didn't start.

The noise sounded something inbetween the noise a car makes if you try to turn the ignition and its already started.... and the noise of a flooded engine if you were to be pumping the accelerator.

It eventually started ok, but when i was driving it there was absolutely no poke comming from it. It moved fine but was very slow to pick up speed in any gear, 2nd or third, where as before you could feel the power kick in, in 2nd or 3rd gear.

I took it back home and then when i went out in it again, everything was working fine. :confused. Its made the noise a few more times since when i've tried to start it but again, it eventually starts and i haven't experience the power issue again even when its happened.

Any ideas? No lights came on etc and as i said its working ok again now. Hope its not the start of something major!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the glow plug light come on when you tried to start? May be a good idea to have the stored fault codes read.

Yes, glow plug led comes on and goes out each time.

Still haven't experienced the loss of power since but its still intermittenly not turning when starting.

Plus, i was stopped at lights today after collecting it from getting valeted and noticed bluey smoke passing the window. Turned out to be comming from the back of it. Disappeared after about 10 minutes (Funnily enough it stopped just in time for me to have pulled up at my mechanic's to show him!! :mad ) And while i was there i tried switching the engine off and on again a dozen times to show him what happens that it wont start. Of course it started every time!

I was hoping maybe the smoke might have had something to do with the valet having my heating going full blast at 32degrees for a prolonged period trying to dry out my seats!!! :mad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.