BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Im after installing a new cd changer in my 2001 e46 320d. Ive seen the Sony CDX-T69 6-Disc CD Changer but would like to know what extra cables Ill need to install this unit?

My old changer is knackered and despite removing and spraying some silicone spray on the moving parts its done nothing, ive checked all fuse too. It sounds like its trying to read the cds but it just cant.

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blimey! thats expensive! lol I thought I would be saving money, I can get the changer for £20 but it seems the module will bring it up to the cost of a oem changer

cheers

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you just want to play Audio CD's then a second hand BMW CD Changer is your cheapest option, also easier to install than the Sony.

If you want to play MP3's then either an Alpine CHA-S634 + interface or BMW Changer made after September 2005 will set you back upwards of £175.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been looking at the oems but they too are like 80 on ebay

i wana spend no more than 50

Ive found the sony changer for £20! and thought id get a converter cable and sorted but not for £50. Im now going to get the dice ipod interface kit instead

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sony Xplod Head Unit

Why go down the autochanger root ?

I've got a Sony Xplod Head Unit in mine.

It has a built in pen drive so you can use a flash pen device which will store all your music off a pc/laptop. You can have all your music on a single device.

It also has Bluetooth on it to transfer your music from any Bluetooth storage device even your mobile phone.

Hope this helps

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts