BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

going to be changing gearbox oil tomorrow and wanted to know if Dexron 3 oil is the right one for my car?

having it done at the garage but as I bought this oil before for my 1997 520i manual and gsf said it was the correct one which i made them double check on two different occasions so am hoping since ive got 4litres of it, its good enough otherwise ill have to get to gsf early.

Cheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you are getting oil from GSF emphasis, then they do Fuchs. So get THIS for the diff and THIS for the transmission.

How much oil do you need?
Do most people change the diff oil at the same time as the gearbox oil?
I think my car could bebefit from having this done also, 3rd and 4th can be a bit tough to get into gear.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Is it 1st time i've heard of it and i've been working for bmw for 18yrs. Did look today no service schedule for g/box oil change only on customers request. Anyway make sure you use lt02 oil if replacing.

·
Registered
753 Posts
When i changed the gearbox and diff oil in my old e46 coupe at 80,000 miles it looked clean when it came out but all oil degrades synthetic is just alot better than mineral and it was definatly a nicer gearchange afterwards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.