BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, driving into work this morning a warning light appeared on the dash can anyone confirm that is the low water level for the engine light. The symbol is a orange rectangle with a wiggly line accross the bottom. It appears on the left side of the iunstrument cluster. I appeared a couple of times during a 20min drive in.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yer thats the sign, car is parked up now at work. When i look under the engine the tray underneath is covered in water. The car was only serviced 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
207 Posts
check and make sure all the pipes are intact, i would (after the engine has cooled down) add some water to the tank and then start the engine and leave it to tickover whilst checking for where the leak is coming from, could be possibly that during the service they may have loosened a jubilee clip and not done it back up. also check around the radiator for any holes, as a stone may have pierced it

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yer am going to have a good look at lunch time but it worries me the rattle that has appeared. Could it be possible the water pump is knackard

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.