BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

When I put cds into my 320d business 6 disc cd changer I get a no disc reading on my display.

Is there a fix or is my changer nackered?

cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I tried the cd cleaner but it doesnt seem to anything with the display still showing no disc.

Do you think if i can cut the power supply to the player and then reconnect it and this might help? I do this alot for electrical items and it seems to do the trick. Do you know where the fuse box on my car is also what fuse number the cd player is on??

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pulled the fuses for the radio today, on my car 2001 320d e46 they were fuses number 7 and 41 i pulled both then popped them back in, when i pressed mode for the cd it said checking but then returned no disc.

So im stuck with the same problem of the cd player returning no disc.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Or is my changer knackered

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Sounds like the CD changer is knackered, I've moved the thread to the car audio section as you should get more help there

·
Registered
114 Posts
it not dead it most prob the laser out of alignment or it need a new laser. Both can be fixed at any gppd car audio shop.
Where in london are you as i know a guy in welling in kent who will fix it for you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers for the reply

im NW London, what sorta price do you think hed charge? Bearing in mind a new changer would cost £50

cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.