BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks

Seen this mentioned a few times but wondering what's the best fix. I have rust along the arch of the drivers side wing. Its just along the little lip at the edge. I was going to paint over with a rust convertor and then with the Silver as a simple fix...would this do or are there other recommendations, I dont really want to soend a fortune on it..

Ta

·
Registered
753 Posts
cleaning up and rust treating then spraying will probably be your best option as you cant get replacement arches or repair panels for these, i looked all over.

·
Registered
89 Posts
being a welder fabricator and havin been fighting the war on rust for years, lol the earlier delt with the better use a sharp knife edge to cut a clear and tight area around rust bubble clean off all paint back to bare metal including rust and treat with rust remedy (recommend loctite brand) wait for it to turn black, prime with good quality filler primer etc etc till sweet and then paint.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, think I need to get the platic trim off and give it a good clean and inspect...there is no sign of an issue on the passengers side tho...which is good but very strange, you'd imagine this side would see more gunk from the road edge...

·
Registered
89 Posts
wouldnt expect much, im afraid i cant do paint im the stage before that. would ask the mod's if anyone knows a good cheap painter in your area i can recomend couple of guys in hertfordshire? what colour is ya whip?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might be a stretch...have a look at my location!! :hihi
Spotted one here for €50 unpainted so still might not be too bad...

·
Registered
89 Posts
ahh i see im new to this fricken forum, still putting comments up before looking how many pages to a thread! well save some cash and order one when you come over to a big meet.........dud daaa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts