BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read the code on my car with peake tool misfire cylinder 4 turned car off then engine management light went off when i started it again now ok ,where should i start? had new plugs fitted 2 months ago any advice would be great cheers h60vy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would start by looking for leaks in the vacumn pipes first and then investigate the coilpack and possibly re-checking the spark plug on that cylinder. Did your Peake throw up any other codes?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no other code mate ,if it was a vacum pipe fault would the fault be there all the time? cheers for the input

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think i will give it a once over on the weekend thats if its not too cold and will post update thanks nealp

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update ; checked all hoses ok took the crankcase ventilation valve off checked diafram was ok the only thing i could find wrong was that the oil dip stick casing had no o ring , had misfire the other day again but was different cylinder #6 this time no other faults when read the codes , what do think i should do next cheers h60vy

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i have 5 bremi ones and another one with no name on which is on #2 cylinder, the engine starts first time every time only misfires once and a while,when it does misfire if you turn it off then start it again its fine it only misfires when its been standing a long time ie 8 hrs could it be the hydraulic lifters cheers

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
i have 5 bremi ones and another one with no name on which is on #2 cylinder, the engine starts first time every time only misfires once and a while,when it does misfire if you turn it off then start it again its fine it only misfires when its been standing a long time ie 8 hrs could it be the hydraulic lifters cheers
Possibility

You losing any coolant? :confused

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
plugs are NGK R BKRGEQUP ,only been in 3000 miles ,what signs of ware ,corrision should i look for on the rubber ends of coils? so i can check ronnie cheers !and can you replace just the rubbers thanks again h60vy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts