BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 318ise 1.9 petrol manual and i am having problems with the car ticking over. It first happened and was diagonsed as a coil pack problems so i informed my local garage who replaced this for me. (sorry can't remember the codes for this)

After a few months the same problem accured and was diagonsed as a fuel problem. the following codes were 141 and 171. With help from the forum i found that it was the breather unit hose and so i got my friend at the local garage to fix this for me.

The car was ok for about a week and now has a irratic tic over and a smell of unburnt fuel from the exhaust. The engine managment light has now come back on. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Have the fault memories read again, if it comes up with additive mixture adaption faults then you have an air leak, did you replace the crankcase vent valve aswell as the pipe? The disa valve vacumm pod also go causing air leaks. If it comes up with multiplicative mixture adaption faults then you have a faulty airmass meter. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts