BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im going to replace this as soon as new one arrives, am i correct in saying its on the drivers side ?

Regards

Gary

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
you are correct uk car drivers side and USA etc passenger side...

i hope your stick thin and extremely bendable like the rubber man otherwise it gets really painful after 10 mins..

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The benefit is that if your old one is broken, the new one won't be :D

If yours ain't broken, no fix required :thumbsup

The symptoms are a pulsing interior fan, or one that comes on when the ignition is off (draining your battery). Mostly the pulsing thing that grates on everyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It took my lad 4 hours to change mine! He was upside down in the drivers seat with his head in the foot well! He could see it, just couldn't quite get to it!

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
It all looks very easy in the guides (especially the nice glossy 2nd one), but as dodgy says you have got to be a contortionist to get into the right position with your hands to remove it (or stand on your head!).

Plenty of patience is required to do it that's for sure... It took me a couple of attempts - it's not easy to get the FSR out either if it's the larger original type, the newer version slots in so much better.

Be careful un clipping the stepper motor for the ventilation flaps, it's quite easy to break the tabs off the mounting brackets (you can use cable ties to hold it in place if they do though!);)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that folks, i am very skinny and flexible lol, mines is staying on when the ignition is off and draining the battery so at the minute im removing the blowers fuse when not in use, nightmare !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts