BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone help... my lower intake manifold needs fixing so im gonna do the job myself as it saves the stealers charging me a S*&t load...
it looks a daunting job but also quite straight forward.. i have searched on all the forums for a comprehensive list of all the gasket and o'rings list that i will need to replace to gain access etc... upper manifold,fuel injectors etc... does anyone know of one and were i can obtain them from... cheers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
RealOem is good to use for part explosions :thumbsup. Your vehicle details HERE. Click on the various titles, find what you want, and quote the part numbers to the dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have tried real-oem.... i find them abit confussing.... i was hoping someone might know of a comprehensive list of all the gaskets/seals that need replacing so im not caught short when indertaking the job... i have also tried the haynes manual as well....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as far as i can tell... its upper manifold off... injector rail... and lower manifold.. but im gonna change my water pump as its rattling quite bad... 2x drive belts and coolant drain... is this correct?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
as far as i can tell... its upper manifold off... injector rail... and lower manifold.. but im gonna change my water pump as its rattling quite bad... 2x drive belts and coolant drain... is this correct?
hi mate,

when you say your lower intake needs fixing. what do u mean mate?

whats happend to it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all for the replys...
sorry for not updating thread i have been away for over 4 weeks with work!!!

i pin pointed the rattle to my waterpump as its got alot worse so gonna change it tomorrow if weathers ok...
as for my lower intake manifold... my exhaust is blowing and it sounds like its coming from the lower manifold....
plus i ve got a oil leak from the oil filter housing.. i ve got the new rectangle gasket but do i need to drain all the oil out or will it be ok to remove the housing as all the oil will sit in the sump?

cheers all

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
thanks all for the replys...
sorry for not updating thread i have been away for over 4 weeks with work!!!

i pin pointed the rattle to my waterpump as its got alot worse so gonna change it tomorrow if weathers ok...
as for my lower intake manifold... my exhaust is blowing and it sounds like its coming from the lower manifold....
plus i ve got a oil leak from the oil filter housing.. i ve got the new rectangle gasket but do i need to drain all the oil out or will it be ok to remove the housing as all the oil will sit in the sump?

cheers all
Remember to bleed the cooling system correctly after fitting the water pump :thumbsup

How to bleed the cooling system.
1.Jack the front of the vehicle up onto stands as high as possible,
2.Turn the ignition on,engine off,heater on fan setting 1 and temperature fully hot,
3.Remove the rad cap/expansion cap,remove the bleed screw from the rad and IF you have them the bleed screw(s) from the thermostat housing/top hose, return pipe or EGR thermostat.
4.Fill the radiator up and keep pouring till there are no more air bubbles coming out from the bleeds, when good then install bleeds and tighten down(don't snap them),ensure the rubber O-rings/seals are still on the screws/on the bleed holes.
5.Suck some water out so it's not full to the brim, replace the cap and then start the car. Run her up and check for heat from the vents when warm and check if over heating still persists.
6.If good then check the water level again in the morning when cool.

As for oil filter housing, you won't need to drain the oil from the sump but you will need to remove the oil filter top unless you want oil everywhere :D

You should also obtain #4/#5 here http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BL32&mospid=47610&btnr=11_1568&hg=11&fg=30 to help with the oil leak.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers ronnie,
thanks for the info... i didnt get the bush or o'ring... plonker hey!! i will go on monday to the dealers and get them... thanks again and i will keep you posted...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts