BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the e36 bit so trying htis on here.
What it is i have a 318ci 2001. Since a month ago my car whilst driving will suddenly just cut out. Sometimes i wont notice sometimes its causes a a jerk in the car. The first fe minutes i can drive and it will be ok. however about a mile down the road the problem starts. it will keep cutting out even when accelarating. I can pretty much restart it again straight away. sometimes it takes about 5 or 6 attempts. However when it reaches a certain temperature the middle of the temp gauge on the dash it will work fine with no problems. When connected to a machine it shows no error or codes. No lights have turned on. Sometimes when it cuts out and i turn it on it shows the handbrake light, ASC light. Alos the battery light keeps flashing when it has its spell. Please advise. Somebody on the other forum said camshaft sensor could this be it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need to read the codes using a BMW specific code reader, as other readers may not show the problem. From the sounds of the problem you are having, it could be the camshaft sensor, but don't disregard a split vacumn pipe or other air leaks in the vacumn system. Start checking the throttle boot hose, just after the MAF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.