BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i filled my car up with water the day before yesterday as the light came on and had none it has been fine till about 2 hours ago i drove it and the light came on again checked it and there was none to be seen but on both occasion when i pumped the top hose there was water in there i have checked the oil and there is no water in it and has not been getting hot so head gasket aint gone but and stunned to what it is am getting checked out tomoz but was wondering if anyone had any idea?

·
Registered
71 Posts
you have a leak somewhere mate you need to let the car idle until it heats up then park it somewhere dry and well lit. Check to see where the leak is coming from. I had the same issue and mine was leaking from the hose leading from the expansion tank!

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate i will have a look tomoz :thumbsup do you rekon that could be the only soloution?

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep but the heater blower is knackerd because the final stage resister is playing up i thought that could be the problem but not sure cud the system be airlocked?

·
Registered
71 Posts
if there was an air lock mate you'd have no warm air through your blowers. Must be a leak if you have got hot air through your heaters and its not overheating

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok will check tomoz would it visible by looking in the engine bay or be easier doing as you suggested?

·
Registered
71 Posts
check the bay first get a bright torch and check down every bit. If you cant see it there then have a look under the car see if there is any drippage. then you should be able to lacate it under the bonnet.

·
Banned
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool thanks mate if there is no leakage then i shud expect the worst yh?

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
a bowed rad or a cracked expansion bottle the 2 likely candidates on an e46...

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Your thread has been moved to the correct forum, please have a read of the Forum Rules regarding posting in the correct sections http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...ement.php?f=69

Also could you please remember to add the vehicle details and a informative title in the Thread Title next time as per forum rules please http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...ement.php?f=69, the Thread title has been done for you this time. It makes it far easier for people looking up help for their own problems or conversions if they have the same car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
HI Had same problem with could not find a leak anywhere. but if u look behind the engine u might find what i eventually found the leak. Have to take off the pollen filter and plastics an look inside good luck mate!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts