BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought this car off my mate, ive done an oil and filter change and topped up the coolant. I started the car this morning and the fan or blower for the climate control isnt working. All the buttons light up and the fan control buttons go up and down on the display but not blowing. i have checked the relevent fuses and they seen ok. can anyone help?

·
Registered
359 Posts
My G/F's A3 wont allow aircon / climate control to work until the engine is warmed up - might be to do with the very cold weather.

Reactions: RYM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for getting back to me mate, i have checked all the fuses across the board and all appear ok. When you turn the climate on and turn blower up you can hear the vents open up so not sure if this means there is deffinately power going to the unit?

How do you check if there is power at the fuses? everything else is working!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello again i just have a few other things you may be able to help me with: i seem to have some play in the steering wheel, from standing you move the wheel but the wheels dont move. When driving along and you hit a bump it throws the steering out but if you take your hand off the wheel on a straight road the steering does stay in a straight line and doesn't pull either side.

Other small issue is when you floor the throttle there is a delay in the response then kicks in, also when pulling off in 1st it misses. Is this the timing?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
To check for power at fuses use a test light :cool , I'd suspect it is the Final stage resistor any way :frown. http://bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3243.

Play in steering, jack the car up on to stands and give the road wheels a shake 12 & 6 o clock and 3 & 9 o clock, have a friend check for any play, it may be in the steering rack ends or track rod ends e.t.c

Otherwise get a trusty garage to have a look for you :cool

Misfire won't be timing, possible air leak from split hose or dirty throttle body, otherwise get the ECU fault codes read, would be best bet :) may have cam sensor or similar going

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my mate has a e36 which he is scrapping, this has climate climate control, just wondering if the resistor that would fit mine?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts