BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my BMW just over a week and just noticed that the o/s/r is lower than the n/s/r ive checked wheels they are all same size just wondered if anyone knows of this happening to other models and what it might be!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Very common for E46's to sit uneven slightly, if it's a big diffirence another common fault and cause is a rear coil spring snaping.

Usually a small piece from the top of the spring cracks off, so check there first. :thumbsup Super simple job replacing rear springs too.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks for the advice I'm going to have a look tomorrow if it is the coil spring is it simple enough for me to do on my own and would I need any special tools for the job?
Rear springs simple as can be!

Take the wheel off, support the car properly (axle stand etc) undo the bottom shock absorber bolt (18mm).
Push the hub/brake disk assembly down with one hand and pull out the spring with the other. Reverse the procedure job done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.