BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right Guys
i need to change my front Tyres size 245/40/18 and been offered a pair of these at £238.47 inc fitting and vat so pretty cheap, i have these on the rear of my car and apart from 4th gear wheel spin:hihi:hihi on damp roads there pretty good, just wonder if there ok for the front

thanks inadvance

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Well if you like them go for it.

Personally I'd spend a little more and get something like the Uniroyal Rainsports or Good Year Eagle F1's, Vredstein Ultra Sessanta's etc.

Ian
I agree...:thumbsup

You not considered falken 452s?? Can get them for £220 inc del and vat from camskill then prob a tenner a corner to fit.

GY F1s get half decent reviews. I have used Vred and they are decent mate, your looking about £130 a tyre on these tho.

What do most other M5 owners have??

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
I've had these several times on (what is now) my Missus' S40 T4 - great price, but I found that after about 50% wear they began to make a really (I mean really!) bad thrumming from the front - initially I asusmed something had failed, but a change of tyre proved they were the culprit. So, not actually such a good price when they're changed at 50% wear!

As per Seb - I reckon 452s are mch the same price? I paid well less than £150 for my 235s on a 19 for the front

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree...:thumbsup

You not considered falken 452s?? Can get them for £220 inc del and vat from camskill then prob a tenner a corner to fit.

GY F1s get half decent reviews. I have used Vred and they are decent mate, your looking about £130 a tyre on these tho.

What do most other M5 owners have??
Cont sport contact 3:thumbsup:thumbsup

Seb
i have goodyear F1 on the front at the mo but there £368.00 fitted and as the car has new avons on the rear i though i would just match the tyres until the next time as i can see them lasting much more than 8k and i am only putting them on to try and cure this steering problem as the F1 are like the moon:lol:lol:lol

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Cont sport contact 3:thumbsup:thumbsup

Seb
i have goodyear F1 on the front at the mo but there £368.00 fitted and as the car has new avons on the rear i though i would just match the tyres until the next time as i can see them lasting much more than 8k and i am only putting them on to try and cure this steering problem as the F1 are like the moon:lol:lol:lol
Yeah that is a good price for the ZZ3s...:thumbsup Bit worrying what Neal said :shifty: but if they are good on the rears why not :thumbsup

CSC 3s are silly money :hihi:hihi

Avon tyres do have a cool looking tread pattern as well, but im weird like that :lol

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had these several times on (what is now) my Missus' S40 T4 - great price, but I found that after about 50% wear they began to make a really (I mean really!) bad thrumming from the front - initially I asusmed something had failed, but a change of tyre proved they were the culprit. So, not actually such a good price when they're changed at 50% wear!

As per Seb - I reckon 452s are mch the same price? I paid well less than £150 for my 235s on a 19 for the front
ok cheers Neal
I,ll get a price on them today :thumbsup as did not want to blow a load of cash on something that may have no effect on curing the problem :mad

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts