BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My first mod that i want to do is to upgrade the angel eye bulbs on my dads e39 530d, at the moment its got the standard factory like orange ones in, i want to make them white and so it looks presentable, any ideas to what other people have used ? I dont want to replace the actual angel eyes which means me opening the unit up, i tried that before and ended up buying a new unit because i messed it up lol,dont ask !

Many Thanks guys

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The bulbs can't be replaced in the Angel eyes? :confused

You will need new lights/angel eyes if you want them to be white

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ronnie, i may be wrong but ive just seen them for sale in the performance bmw magasine but for a woopin £89 for set which light up to 6000 kalvin,im pretty sure you could them for a lot cheaper than that,my search will continue lol ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The bulbs can't be replaced in the Angel eyes? :confused

You will need new lights/angel eyes if you want them to be white
He has the fibre optic ring set up on his car Ron. I think it is powered by no. 4 HERE :eek:ptimist

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh ! Thanks Richard P thats what I was looking for and that was the price I was looking to pay ! Thank you ! Will post some pictures next week to see the difference from normal to the new ones.

Many Thanks :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the kit included just for the normal lights, if you want 1 for the high beam which is flashing for people then its up to you. DAV rAI im fitting mine monday so i'll post some picks yeh ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys,

MOD COMPLETE !
I've done the bulbs for the angel eyes, the passenger side isn't done yet because from a previous mod which didnt work i just need to get some connectors, but the drivers side is fine, i think you have to get the bulbs warmed up apparently to get the full whiteness. And also the HID Kits is in, thanks to the guys that have helped and ecspecially Greyhound ! Ive posted some pictures below to show the before and after and by jolly even the bloke next door with his Z4 wants them now :)

Before:

After:

And oh the registration plates have changed, i bought a new one with just a black border and carbon look :):)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just received mine today and fitted no problem, they also look a lot better. I also received in the package 2 HID lamps D2R 4300K (which I wasnt expecting) but they are no good to me as I just have H7 halogens. I will probably just put them on the For sale/Wanted section or ebay. Did you guys get them also?
As part of the upgrade I changed my OEM H7 halogens for Osram Silver Star+ 50 so looking forward to see what thay are like at night.

·
Registered
49 Posts
dragging up a old post, but anyone else get strobing from changing the markers?
Ive just sent back a set and have been told either to fit resistors in the line, not sure of what resistance or buy some with the resistors already built in, however no-one seems to get back to me as to where these are available from.

Anyone here help?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts