BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Since owning the car for 8 years now I have never had a problem with it, the battery is the original and never been charged or changed. It always ran like a dream.

But today when I started the car, some of the lights on the dashboard were flashing and the car was making a ticking noise. So the car wasn't actually starting or you couldnt hear the car turning.

I dont know if the video footage will show but if you have any ideas please help me :)

Many Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it could be, but i thought hmm it started perfect all these other times, I just want to make sure this is correct, ill disconnect the negative first, and then the positive and ill charge it i think instead of the jumping it. Then when i connect the battery up postive first then negative.

Although because ive never done it on the bmw before, the alarm wont blare will it, because on some car it does and you have to put the ignition on in position 1 and then disconnect both terminals within 15 seconds.

Does this occur on the my bmw?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked the manual and i used it and looked at the 'magic eye' and it is black: 'state of charge is too low.The battery needs to be recharged'. So theres my problem the battery.

So ill charge it up when it stops raining outside grrrr.

But i should of checked the first, im just thanking god if this is all it is.

Will post later to update.

Thanks mate btw

·
Registered
161 Posts
change the battery mate...just had my changed 01' 530d with original battery...car started perfect everyday but one sunday didn't get out the house and cold monday morning - just like you said - tick tick tick and flashing lights...
new battery solved problem keep us in touch
good luck

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh no ! my worst nightmare has come true on my birthday of all days ! The battery has gone defunct

Black circle still even thought it still started up fine, but i would rather get a new battery genuine one, how much roughly is it going to cost ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
my question would be why has the battary gone flat ? chaging will only be a short term answer unless you actually find the reason why its flat, could be the cells are knackered and a new batt is required. good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.