BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've had my 530d for 3 weeks now and have just blown the inlet manifold at the seem and split it on top and as a result have no power, my mechanic spoke to bmw and they said they have sold a quite a few of these lately ( and its £373+ vat ) does anyone know why this could have happened and if its and age/mileage related thing, its done 121k which im told is nothing for one of these, any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
238 Posts
I no it's 400 and odd quid but buying second hand who kows how long it will last. May want to remove the flaps if buying new, saves you or some bosy els doing it in a few yrs to come.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I no it's 400 and odd quid but buying second hand who kows how long it will last. May want to remove the flaps if buying new, saves you or some bosy els doing it in a few yrs to come.

Fair point Scoob, but the chances of it happening twice to the same car must be extremely rare and possibly the high price from BMW might be prohibitive for the OP?

Saying that a new manifold will have 2yr gtee as standard and do BMW still offer the 10% plus4 discount, just to save a few more pennies :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fair point Scoob, but the chances of it happening twice to the same car must be extremely rare and possibly the high price from BMW might be prohibitive for the OP?

Saying that a new manifold will have 2yr gtee as standard and do BMW still offer the 10% plus4 discount, just to save a few more pennies :)
Not been funny but if he's going to buy second hand, then I would have thought it's got every chance to let go again. As they say buy cheap buy twice or how ever it's said. Just my thought on the matter is all, don't get me wrong if my engine let go in a big way, i def wunt be going to the dealers for a new one.

Reactions: SlowTech

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers for all your help guys i know exactly what you mean about second hand parts, that concern would always be in the back of my mind but 400+ for a new one stings a bit, however i just found out its all covered by warranty as i have only had the car 3 weeks so YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE free repair...

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
cheers for all your help guys i know exactly what you mean about second hand parts, that concern would always be in the back of my mind but 400+ for a new one stings a bit, however i just found out its all covered by warranty as i have only had the car 3 weeks so YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE free repair...
Thats a great news Pat, I wrongly assumed it was a private sale and thats why you'd posted in the 1st place :thumbsup:D;)

Get the garage to fit a new oil separator/oil breather while they're at it if you don't know when it was last changed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pat,
Good news on your warranty repair.
If it's not too late: would be a good idea to check out the vacuum lines under the manifold, quite likely the 5mm dia lines will be rotten/cracked/holed.
Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts