BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have recently replaced OEM Business Radio with an aftermarket one, turns out factory speakers are worse than I expected. So, I want to replace them too.
At the moment it's just front speaker upgrade. I leave rear ones factory and only replace them if theres a need.
A friend of mine advised MB Quart components, but I'd like an opinion of a bigger audience:thumbsup
Priorities: 100% OEM look of the cabin, value for money components.
There's no budget set at the moment(no I'am not rich:)), but I'd rather save for month's and get the good stuff.
So whats your opinions? what components? what amp to power them?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have just upgraded the front speakers in my E92 coupe. They were 4 inch full range speakers which were pretty shite. On recommendation i had Rainbow SLX 210 component speakers installed along with tweeters. They sound awesome! my budget was £250 so i just got the front done for now. You can pick up the above speakers for around £120 and the original bmw covers fit over the top which was a bonus for an OEM look

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One problem is some components are designed to be used with a sub, and don't give out much bass.
Sub would be the next step;)

I have just upgraded the front speakers in my E92 coupe. They were 4 inch full range speakers which were pretty shite. On recommendation i had Rainbow SLX 210 component speakers installed along with tweeters. They sound awesome! my budget was £250 so i just got the front done for now. You can pick up the above speakers for around £120 and the original bmw covers fit over the top which was a bonus for an OEM look
Did you power them with an amp or HU powers them?

·
Registered
168 Posts
At the moment i have them powered by the Bmw professional head unit and they sound great but i believe the HU is 4x15 watts rms so these Rainbows are not hitting their true potential

Phase 2 of the upgrade is to get an amp installed to run the front speakers and the OEM subs/mid drivers under the front seats (turned just to mono to make them subs) and the HU will power the factory rear speakers

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had the choice between alpines and pioneer and went for alpines as they fit with no modifications. Pretty happy with the sound and got them at a bargain price, check out my project thread for the link :thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts