BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys as a few of you may know I have been having problems with my BM24 unit giving me intermittent sound. I have just established that whoever retrofitted the 16:9 nav screen has wired up the sat nav incorrectly so that it is always on and therefore the car doesnt go into sleep mode. This is causing the unit to shut down after about an hours journey normally when i need it most lol.

so I am looking to replace the lot with a single double din unit that will give me bluetooth/ipod/satnav all together. I have searched the forums and have not found anyone that has done this yet. I have seen a mention that the nav screen unit is actually only a single din behind it so i may not be possible to mount it in the dash.

Would it be possible to put a all in one solution in the boot an remote it to either the current screen or a modified touchscreen in its place

and would i be able to keep the steering wheel/front facia controls.

I have thought about a single din unit occupying the where my mk3 sat nav unit is in the boot and remoting a video out to the screen and simply using a remote control but am concerned about the road safety implications and have heard about resolution incompatibilities.

If i could tap into the existing loom and use the MFSW controls that would be my ideal solution.

Oh and all this for under £300 do I have a chance lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ii have found loads that look good but it is the whole fitting them in the dash issue.
I have seen a couple of single din ones that will fit in where my mk3 is now but it is the whole remoting to the front screen and controling the damn thing lol.
I would like to be able to access the OBC as well but dont have the cash for a carputer which i am thinking is probably the only all in one solution that will fulfill my needs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i have seen some ibus to usb circuit boards made over in the states but i think that by the time I have bought the parts etc i will have smashed my budget

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not too bad but again after you add all the stuff i want ie bluetooth gps etc it will top out my budget and it still wont have a radio lol!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bit more progress

I have seen this unit and have emailed them to see if the screen can be remoted I will let you know if and when I get a response. Then all I would have to worry about is getting the mfsw to work with it :D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.