BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Just purchased the vehicle yet i cannot figure out how to input the radio code or if even the radio code is right. Ive got the widescreen with sat nav/tv/6disc changer n what not.... but i bought the car and he said we have no code so paid over radio-codes.co.uk to get it but i duno if its right or wether im doing it wrong..

HELP would be GREAT....

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I have ammended your thread title to adhere to forum rules by including your car details...:thumbsup

this should get you help quicker :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys. i had no internet so couldnt access for a long time hence late reply

i basically have the TV working, but it stays on mute. i need a code of some sort to enter to make the radio and tv work but i dont know what the code is. bmw say it could be an immobiliser code but they want me to pay 150+ for a code. it a difficult problem but i need help sorting it. when i enter a wrong code it immobilises the car and i have to reset it by taking off battery which is so time consuming when you repeat it to much

any help would be more than appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ye true.. i am driving but after i enter a code it immobilises it. what can i try to make it work..??? can it be a fuse? im seriously struggling to get into the fuse boxes. i havent a clue where they are.. and i mean it cant be because i have no sat nav cd can it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and i have no sat nav disc.... i just bought the car and the new disc costs 60 70 quid. which is pointless....this is reallly a pain.....any thing else i can try???? change fuses?? or can it be any wiring loose behind? how do i remove the screen???

thnks

·
Registered
262 Posts
The code you're selecting from the menu on the monitor is purely for immobilisation, and has nothing to do with the radio or TV, which do not have codes. The monitor is just that-the radio and tv modules are in the boot.

If a code has never been activated, then there would be no immobilisation problem.

With the ignition key in position 1, a code is entered and activated by turning the key to position 0. ie you now leave the car. Return to car, key to position 1, enter code and select Deactivate, start engine-you have to do this every time after the engine has been switched off.

The procedure of disconnecting the battery for a specified period, and waiting for another specified period with the key in a specified position is just the emergency deactivation-a get you home process.

So if you started it at the dealer without a code, it probably didn't have one activated?

The only mute functions I know of is that created by the phone system on send/receive of calls, and when satnav instructions are delivered, both when the radio is on.

As suggested I think you you need to see if sound is available on anything at all

·
Registered
262 Posts
can anyone send me a link on how to remove the widescreen obc????
You will need to remove the outer trim first. this is held in place with plastic barbs: 2 at the top, 1 each side, and 3 along the bottom. Start at the bottom-you might find it easier to press the cassette eject button to give a bit more room-briefly. Don't break it-it will set you back £30+

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The code you're selecting from the menu on the monitor is purely for immobilisation, and has nothing to do with the radio or TV, which do not have codes. The monitor is just that-the radio and tv modules are in the boot.

If a code has never been activated, then there would be no immobilisation problem.

With the ignition key in position 1, a code is entered and activated by turning the key to position 0. ie you now leave the car. Return to car, key to position 1, enter code and select Deactivate, start engine-you have to do this every time after the engine has been switched off.

The procedure of disconnecting the battery for a specified period, and waiting for another specified period with the key in a specified position is just the emergency deactivation-a get you home process.

So if you started it at the dealer without a code, it probably didn't have one activated?

The only mute functions I know of is that created by the phone system on send/receive of calls, and when satnav instructions are delivered, both when the radio is on.

As suggested I think you you need to see if sound is available on anything at all
ok... i started to realise the code wasnt the issue but wasnt sure. thanks for that....

but i have no sound at all.....nothing for radio access at all either... i have no phone connected as i dont have one but telephone does come up on the menu...so i can just access tv which is pickin up channels clearly but its on mute and i have sat nav but no cd....

hopefully you can help...
its driving me mad...

·
2,115 Posts
http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E38/E38_16-9_Monitor_Removal.pdf

It's not that though... it's the radio module in the boot. I would suggest it has no power to it (have you checked fuses - there's one on the module itself iirc) or the module is broken. They turn up on eBay. The monitor is just a monitor - if it works at all then chances are it has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guyss/....i had the radio module checked and it was the little 10amp fuse on radio. now working finallyy....
thank you all who tried helping....much appreciated

1 - 20 of 21 Posts