BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to site so hope this is correct

Have a 2001 525d se and the internal handle is not opening the bonnet is there any way i can open the bonnet with out this handle as need to put screen wash in, (Can't see much thanks to weather)

·
Registered
67 Posts
If its the same as mine, the problem is not the lever in the car but the lever that comes out of the grill. It tends to stick in, you have to hook it out with your finger then it will work. I have used it this way for the last 5 years and its got no worse. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Spray wd40 into the linkage through the grill and then give it a go....once it opens check the linkage for corrosion and then heavily grease...as they are known to corrode and then stick.....

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Spray wd40 into the linkage through the grill and then give it a go....once it opens check the linkage for corrosion and then heavily grease...as they are known to corrode and then stick.....
Had a similar issue on my e92 this last week, latch would not budge, quick spray of WD40 and it opened. As MTec says, make sure if this is a solution, you clean and lubricate the latch properly prior to closing again ! The salt plays havoc with them as some of the metalwork on the latch appears untreated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts