BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so it goes like this

I went to bmw in milton keynes today to get a vortex breather for my 330d 2001 plate, the guy in the spares dept brings it out, i ask him is this the vortex type and he says yes, i get him to open the box and its a blue loo roll again, so i explain to him that i want the vortex type he looks baffled ? so we look on his comp to try and find this vortex breather, and you guessed it we cant,

He goes away and comes back with a vortex type yipeee , oh hang on this doesnt list my car its for the 320d and therefore is no good :mad

i then make a call to my garage and they ring oxford bmw , they too say there isnt a vortex breather for my vehicle :eek can anyone tell me this is correct or is there really a vortex breather and part number i can buy for my 330d , my car was booked in to have the swirls and breather done tomorrow

thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks , please tell me how you got the part number and yet all the bmw dealers do not have this on there systems ?? will this fit my 330d as yours is a 530d , are there any sites on here i can view this item at ??

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
part 11 is the whole shebang and was about 40 quid. the vortex part is number 15, you can use your old unit and just fit the breather in it if you like. It will fit yours as its the same engine, i did that part number search as a 330d. Its a revised part introduced on the E60/1 so might not show on their system as available for E46's

how do you mean any sites?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your a star,

now all i need to do is get one at 8am if poss cos car is booked in at 8.30am, these bloody stupid spares parts people dont know anything about the cars ,
im really fed up now i wasted 1 hr at that stupid bmw garage.

surely they should know this imformation eh

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Notice that my engine is the m57 And the engine on the 330cd you showed me is listed as a m57N whats the difference and will this effect the oil seperator ?? sorry for all the questions , i dont want to fit the seperator if its a problem, my car is the 184 bhp

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.