BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
how many times over what kind of period? Its a common tactic of car theives to repeatedly set off your alarm untill you get fed up and lock the car but leave the alarm off. Then they come an nick you car, or part of it, in silence.
Be careful!!!!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
i have a 330ci convertable and my alarm is over sensitive it is always goingoff just wondering if any one out there has any advice. cheers
I suggest posting the question in the e46 forum where it will get more views of use to you. I shall move it there for you this time.

My advise would be to get the fault codes read for the alarm, there may well be a code stored in relation to a door switch e.t.c, I would also check the bonnet pin switch out as they can be common for playing up

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with my alarm, I got the codes read and it was because I had alot of loose change in the centre console slide tray bit!! I spent all the money and it has not gone off since! Apparently there is some kind of sensor in the centre console and the metalic coins were interfering with the signal! let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one

strangely enough it hasnt gone off for a few days but last time i was in it i removed the spare change out of the console so hopefully this is right. if only bmw are as useful all they said book it in at a cost of 50 quid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.