BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some pro-kit Eibach springs to replace the original springs that are on the car, as well as Meyle HD droplinks all round. But unfortunately, I've ran into a few problems..:

-

The first problem is, the nut/bolts that hold the rear droplink in place are completely shot. I could probably remove the droplinks but not sure the nuts/bolts would be usable again to attach the new droplinks. Looking at this diagram, is it items number 5 and 10 that I need:

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

-

The second problem I have, is that at the front, the bolt that holds the shock absorber inplace just sheared off. And, the hub carrier (king pin?) looks in bad shape. Taking a look at this diagram, is it items number 2 and 4 I need?:

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

-

I am going to get the bolts/nuts from BMW as they need to be the correct spec. However, the king ping/hub mount, where is the best place to get a pair of these? I imagine BMW are going to charge me through the nose for them. I don't particularly want to go with second hand ones, as I imagine they won't be far off as crappy as mine currently are.

Any help is appreciated, cheers guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts