BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Im after getting more bhp out of my car also faster acceleration, ive been tinkering with the idea of a remap but have now come across another forum about a decat and that it will do all of these things.

Can anyone explain better exactly what a decat is and whether it is better than a remap or would it be even better to do both? Im guessing it is essentially removing the cat converter?

Thank you very much

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Most new car's will not get any real gains by taking out the car..
All the ECU's really need to run with them...

Mike

·
5,890 Posts
A decat on the 136bhp car will in itself not give you great gains but a decat coupled with a remap should see you with good gains over the stock car.

·
Vendor
4,443 Posts
Don't bother wasting your time removing it
Just remap the car

I haven't seen any real gains on the dyno from the 320d with a decat when remapping them compared to a standard car remapped

·
Registered
169 Posts
I saw some gains on several 320d 136, about 4-6 hp, decat vs non-decat. The idea is that after decat you should tune correctly overboost/vnt map because you can have overboost in this case by increasing exhaust flow. Decat + tune properly + EGRBypass(will reduce in the summer the total temperature of intake gases and intake manifold), i put a car on dyno with my settings and had 173 hp and around 360+ torque but of couse from 2250 only because i care about clutch :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts