BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Ok so here is my issue. All of a sudden and without warning my cd player stopped working. I have the standard BMW head unit with the tape deck and radio functions, also I have the 6 CD changer in back.

The other day I tried to play my CD and the head unit does not even go to CD when using the mode button. I get Radio and Tape not found as normal. Furthermore the CD changer does not seem to have power and will not eject. Its obviously a power/fuse issue or the unit is fried.

I have looked at the fuses and the fuse card has no CD/changer or anything relating to the changer on it. I checked the radio fuses 7 and 41, 5 and 30 amp respectively. All are fine.

What I am looking for is advice on where to go next or what to check, I have no Auto Electrical background and tracing wiring and reading diagrams is not going to cut it.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards B33fy

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Yeah as soon as you unlock the car u can usaully hear the cd changer clicking so its likely to be a bad connection to the headunit via the bm54 module in the boot

Things i would try getting a replacement off ebay (last resort)
Check wiring harness is connected properly at back of stereo (easy to remove two screws hold it in)
Check connection on bm54 module (behind linning on left in boot)

The bm54 module basically is the cars amp so this is connected to the battery so power is fine going to headunit otherwise it wouldnt work but the pins on the harness conncetion may have come lose or be damaged sending no signal to power the cd changer tkae the linning off the left side in the boot make sure everythings plugged in properly

Give this guy a message he might have a soulution he did my bm54 module when it started only playing music through only one side
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=111195999982

Mine will skip the cd function on headunit and will only show tape or radio when the cd's are not put into the sliders properly turn car on if you hear it clicking the power is going to the changer fine and the inside part is probably jammed if theres no power then thats going to be a fault in the wiring harness or just loose conncetion

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have the same problem,
The CD changer is getting power but the head unit not switching to CD using the mode button, it only selects radio and tape

can anyone help?

regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts