BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone

I don't know if anyone else has had this bizarre cat problem.

No it's not a Catalytic Converter problem!:frown

This morning I start my car for the usual commute to work, I heard a thud type noise and thought I saw what looked like feathers fly out from under the bumper. Stopped the engine and popped the bonnet to have a look. It wasn't feathers it was cat fur :jaw-dropping. Inspected under the bonnet and discovered cat fur all over my alternator belt etc. So just to be on the safe side, before I can clean all the fur out and check it over, I have swapped to another car this morning.

All I can summise at the moment is that the stupid moggie, that I saw scurrying away afterwards, had spent the night huddled up on top of my engine undertray and got its fur caught in the alternator drivebelt when I started the car this morning. So I will be taking the undertray off at the weekend and cleaning all the fur from the pulleys and belts and hoping that there is no further damage.

Before the Cats Protection League or the RSPCA complain, I like cats but there was nothing I could do. The moggie seemed to have all it's limbs when it left but I expect it will have a big bald patch and a headache. Can't be a very nice way to be woken up:lol. Bet it won't use that as a hiding place again!

Just thought I would share my experience and maybe raise a few smiles on a Friday morning.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Not what i was expecting from the title :hihi. Hope the moggy was alright. When i was coming up my road one night i thought i see a ginger cat on a neighbours bonnet, when i got closer it was a fox curled up asleep on it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts