BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just swopped from a 330 petrol to a 330d both were autos, My question which may be stupid is the fact that I seem to have to really rev it hard to set off, not trying to set of quickly or anything just normally where as the petrol one seemed completley different .
Is this just a diesel thing or could there be a prob .
I have driven diesels before and dont really remember this being a particular thing with them.
Any help appreciated

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Is the diesel older or newer than your petrol car? (not that it makes too much difference)

The first thing I'd check is the ATF level, if you don't have enough fluid in your box it could produce that kind of symptom.

When you say "rev it hard to set off", do you mean that acceleration is slow, that there's a delay between putting your foot down and moving or that the engine revs climb very high before the car starts moving at a reasonable speed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the diesel older or newer than your petrol car? (not that it makes too much difference)
The first thing I'd check is the ATF level, if you don't have enough fluid in your box it could produce that kind of symptom.
When you say "rev it hard to set off", do you mean that acceleration is slow, that there's a delay between putting your foot down and moving or that the engine revs climb very high before the car starts moving at a reasonable speed?
Its the older model, I mean that the revs seem to climb high before it seems to start moving at any speed. Once its going it seems to be fine and if you give it some it does kick down and go. Just seems very sluggish setting off

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
May be worth having a code read to see if anything has been flagged up that may point to the problem......

·
Registered
30 Posts
sorry to hear about the car

hi mate

sorry to hear about this

i tested a terrible 330d auto before buying this manual one, travelled 120+ miles to look at it

it was awful, revved high in 1st then no power at all, you had to rag the hell out of it to go anywhere..it was very dissapointing,

was told it could be.... the turbo, ATF fluid, MAF, engine knackered also had these following problems.. you will laugh!...

when i broke it shuddered and steering wheel moved side to side..not good

bonnet had weird crease suggesting a front impact

possible driver side accident at rear

false service history, found out after ringing dealers, then being told they never ever see that car with the VIN or plate

false MOT... not good at all...!... the owner told me that after further enquiries and was gutted... but then again, i think he was not letting on as much as he knew..:jaw-dropping

so you can understand when i walked away...!:thumbsup

hope you get the car sorted mate

all the best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts