BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, just wondering if any on the forum has had a similar problem. I have a 2000 X reg 330ci coupe. It is on the high side miles wise, and has in the last week started smoking at the exhaust in a noticeable way. It kicked off with a large amount of smoke initially, but since then has calmed down a lot, but is still noticeable. It happens more pronounced at the point of acceleration from standing or low revs in low gear. I have been keeping an eye on the temp and oil levels (as i always do) and all seems well except the occasional smoke. Cheers, B

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Alright guys, just wondering if any on the forum has had a similar problem. I have a 2000 X reg 330ci coupe. It is on the high side miles wise, and has in the last week started smoking at the exhaust in a noticeable way. It kicked off with a large amount of smoke initially, but since then has calmed down a lot, but is still noticeable. It happens more pronounced at the point of acceleration from standing or low revs in low gear. I have been keeping an eye on the temp and oil levels (as i always do) and all seems well except the occasional smoke. Cheers, B

What's the meilage on it mate?

what colour is the smoke?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've got a 99 328ci with 37K on it and on hard acceleration on a cold day it looks like smoke at the rear but had it all checked out and its steam I've been assured.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright guys, had the motor for ages now, and it's done 135000 miles. Colour is off white with a blueish ting. Had a sniff of it and can't smell anything like burning just a bit petroly (not surprisingly). Wondered bout steam, it has not just been on the really cold days, but this was when it started happening.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Getting the codes read for the engines ECU would be a good start off point, this will rule out a cam sensor fault e.t.c

·
Registered
292 Posts
let the the car idle for 10/15 minz once warm and then blip the go faster pedal if it blows more blue coloured smoke then its burning oil if not dont panic :thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts