BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a new key FOB recently (the old one didnt work since I bought the car) its all sync'd up and locks the car, puting the clown nose on every time without fail. However.

Its when I come to unlock I get issues. 90% of the time, the first time I press the key, the passenger door and boot unlocks. The drivers door remains locked.

I have to lock again and then press unlock. On the second unlock, the button comes have way up but does not unlock the drivers door. The passenger door and boot unlock fine. Ihave to lock the car again.

On the third press of the ulock button, the driver door unlocks. Passenger door unlock and boot unlocks.

When in the car. The middle button on the consold always locks and unlocks the door so the mechnism seems okay, but why the problem when using the key?

Its a weird one.

I've syncd the key several times but still the same issues.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi Domestos, I would recommend you have a diagnostic scan performed on the vehicle. This will read any fault codes stored on the ECU. Make a note of the fault code number and post it up here please:thumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.