BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. Anyone around Basingstoke got bleed screw for the coolant system or something that will work in it's place short term.

Went to bleed the system and the screw is fcuked, just sheared it's top off. I'm on the hunt for a bolt that's the same size as a quick fix till I can get to BMW tomorrow, still have to get the bottom bit of the screw out somehow so I can plug it. Bloody thing isn't even sealed so I can't actually drive the car

I am screwing at the moment.... Need the car tonight, and for work tomorrow !

EDIT -------- Fixed for now..... the bolts for my strut brace were the same size so with a little help from some electrical tape around the thread it's plugged... Just need to go and get some anti-freeze now, new plug tomorrow.... then get back to bleeding the system and hope i get some heat through the vents lol.

·
Registered
649 Posts
These things always go Pee Tong when you least expect them, glad you found another bolt to fix, PTFE plummers tape would be an alternative to electrical tape, but hey if it works great. :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's sort of working lol.... There's was a bit of steam coming out when i drove to the gym (10 minutes up the road) and i think the steam has killed one of my CCFL inverters (i have a spare thankfully)

I won't be driving it anywhere long put it that way. Work in the morning then on to the stealers for a new plug......

Just hoping i get heat back through the vents with a good bleed..... to damn cold for no heaters and i think the missus will actually kill me if we have to do another long drive without them :wide-eyed. Last night up from the IOW to Reading then back to Basingstoke with a temp of about 0 degrees..... she was not happy, which after 5 hours of tattooing on her was not good.... I was a gentlemen though, i froze my ass off so she could have my jumper over her legs :thumbsup.... pretty sure its the only reason i'm alive :hihi

If it's not air in the system i'm stumped as i don't know how to check anything else lol.

Ill report back tomorrow

FYI - a quick fix for a coolant bung is a strut brace bolt lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts