BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent all afternoon putting a new FSU (hedgehog) in and still nothing. Im now thinking it might be the blower motor?

There have been a few occasions where it has just not worked then it has come back on all of a sudden but now I just dont get anything blowing out of the vents. You can hear a very very faint noise but nothing come out. Checked all fuses and they are fine.

Any idea where I can get a new blower motor from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, you need to acertain that the relay is at fault first before buying. Remove the glove box and THIS is what you will see behind it. You are interested in relay no. 4 mainly, but also check relay no.1 as well. You can do this just by listening to see if the relay 'clicks' when you turn on the blower and/or AC. If either one is at fault, it will cost around £6 from the dealer to replace.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, got the car back tonight and took the glove box out. When I press the air con button I can hear a clicking relay. If I put the fan down to nothing and turn the air con and heater off so there is no display, then press auto there is no relay clicking. Should I hear a click for the heater and a click for the air con?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I originally thought it was the blower motor that was knackered. Real pig to change but managed to get it done without too much swearing! When I removed the old one the motor was virtually seized up. Thanks for everyone that helped out on this thread.

Tom

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi,

Sorry for the thread ressurection,

My Aircon stopped working and recently my blower fan has also stopped working. The Final stage resistor was replaced a couple of years ago under warranty, and find it hard to believe that this has failed again?

I removed my glove box to try and find if the relay (located behind) is at fault. (a) when the system is off and then activated I hear no clicking noise from the relay. (b) when I activate the aircon there is no clicking noise from the relay.

If i switch on my fog lights I can hear the relay next to it make a click noise.

I have tried swapping over the relay to the one next to it but then the system doesnt switch on at all (they blower relay is a brownish colour whilst the others are grey).

Is there any other other way to test if the relay is faulty? I am trying to eliminate problems before purchasing a new final stage stage resistor.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Blower fan of my BMW 316I 2002 blower fan was not working. I finally diagnosed the Blower Fan Resitor was faulty. I replaced it and everything was working fine. You have to pull down the glove box and the relay box to locate the Blower Fan Resistor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.